VoIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) is a technology used to transmit voice over IP networks. It involves sampling the analouge voice wave and converting it to a digital signal for transmission over an IP network.
There is currently three areas VoIP can help improve your business and lower costs:
VoIP Trunk links between your PBX’s on multiple sites
- VoIP Handsets on your PBX
- VoIP trunk service into your PBX
WHY LINK YOUR SITES VIA VOIP?
There are many reasons why a company may want to link their sites via VoIP some maybe strategic, some may be economic.
Some strategic reasons for linking your sites are:
- Centralising your communications infrastructure – If you have multiple sites in different geographical locations it is possible to have a central reception, voicemail, redundancy. This will lower the resources required to provide these services, it will also provide a central location for managment.
- Providing integrated services with your remote locations – No longer do your remote sites need to
feel isolated from the core business. Not only are you able to provide cheaper voice
communication via your IP link, but also value added data services such as voice and video
conferencing, collaboration utilites and presence facilities.
Some economic reasons for linking your sites are:
- Cost Optimisation – The ability to call internally to your remote office despite their geographical
location will provide a dramatic cost reduction. For those of you that has interstate offices you will
never need to pay for an STD call again, you are able to use your links between sites i.e. Company A
has a site in Melbourne and a site in Sydney, a call to a Syndey number is made from the Melbourne
site. The call travels up the link and dials out of the Sydney office has a local call.
- Reduce Travel Costs – Tired of sending your employee’s interstate for meetings and training?
Utilising your network will be able to provide you with a video and collaboration services in High
Definition from video to the desktop to a large conference room. Just think is there anything you
cant achieve from a video/data/voice conference that you cant achieve face to face?
WHY USE VOIP HANDSETS OVER DIGITAL HANDSETS?
So you have the choice between tradional digital (TDM) handsets or IP handsets and are not sure what to choose? Here we can outline some of the benefits of using IP telephony:
- Flexibilty in office movemnts – Have you got some employees moving office? Unlike TDM handsets where you would need to involve the IT personal or your telephony maintainer to move them for you, you simply pick up your phone any move it to your new location. As long as you can connect to your data network your phone will work, no more patching.
- Reduced Cabling Infrastructure – No longer will you require a cable for phone and a cable for data. For businesses who have restricted cabling or want to reduce the amount of cabling required you simply need one data point to service both your phone and your PC.
- Value Added Services – Now you are able to provide more than just phone call information on your handset. Ever wanted to display the weather on your handset, have video from the front doorphone, or provide interactive maps for the local building or area?
Cannective Solutions stocks an extensive range of leading VoIP phone brands –
We’ve got the right VoIP Phone system to suit your needs and budget – no matter how big or small your business is.
Make sure your next phone system is VoIP compatible and stay ahead of the competition.
Whether you’re looking for a basic VoIP phone system or a complex multi-site IP PABX with the latest VoIP technology